Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
While most of your Saint Lucia vacation details will be taken care of with one of our reservations staff, there may be items you need to follow up on as your departure date nears. We’ve all been on a plane and wanted to urgently clarify a point that might make the rest of our trip go a little more smoothly. So, for your traveling pleasure we offer you this list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
How far is the resort from the airports?
- Hewanorra International Airport (UVF): approx. 45 minutes
- George F. L. Charles airport (SLU): approx. 80 minutes
What’s the cost of airport transfers?
- Hewanorra International Airport: US$60.00
- George F. L. Charles: US$90.00
Is there a beach shuttle?
Yes, we offer a complimentary shuttle from the resort to Sugar Beach.
Are there minimum stay requirements?
- Yes, minimum stay requirements are as follows:
- High Season (Jan.1 – Apr.30): 3 nights minimum stay
- Low Season (May.1 – Dec.14): 1 night minimum stay
- Holiday Season (Dec.15 – Dec.31): 3 nights minimum stay
What’s your pet policy?
Sorry, pets are not allowed at the resort.
What’s your child policy?
Children are welcome at Fond Doux Resort & Plantation.
Does the resort have air conditioning?
We do not have air conditioning, but we do have ceiling fans in each of the cottages.
What’s the approximate cost of taxis in St. Lucia?
- Soufriere Town: US $20.00 one way
- Sulphur Springs: US $15.00
- Diamond Botanical Gardens: US $25.00
- Tet Paul Nature Trail: US$10.00
What currency is accepted at the resort and in St. Lucia?
- Eastern Caribbean Dollars (ECD)
- United States Dollars (USD)
- Great Britain Pounds (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)